Where wisdom meets beauty!
Are you looking for an invigorating study abroad experience?
Join us in our outstanding summer course. Enjoy the true Greek experience with our academic courses and cultural adventures. Exceptional teaching and the best setting for a memorable summer school experience.
The Voyage into Greek Civilization Summer Program constitutes a short-term intensive study program addressed to students who are interested in experience-based learning. The program is designed to combine academic with authentic experiences, including courses delivered in university amphitheaters, field study as well as visits to museums and archeological sites.
- Modern Greek language and culture course taught by Boston University Senior Lecturer Kelly Polychroniou.
- 200 Philosophy course: “Virtue and the virtues of a leader in ancient Greek Philosophy” taught by Professors from the University of Athens.
Program dates: May 19, 2022 to June 19, 2022.
Application Period: December 1, 2021 to March 20, 2022.
Cost: Approximately $6,000, including airfare, accommodations, tuition, and excursions.
Eligibility: Students of all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations: Students reside in boutique hotel rooms located in the historic heart of Athens, only a few minutes walk from the Acropolis.
Visits & Excursions: Participants will have the opportunity to visit famous Greek landmarks and influential monuments of the Greek world such as: the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio, the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, Mycenae, the historic city of Nafplio, and the mythical site of Delphi. The program also includes a visit to one island (Hydra or Spetses).
What you can expect from our Summer Program:
- Combine studies and leisure
- Live in the heart of Athens and feel the Greek capital’s heartbeat
- Get the traditional academic experience by studying on the campus of the University of Athens
- Visit famous Greek landmarks & museums
- Attend theatre & music festivals
- Meet other like-minded students, and spend a productive and enjoyable time in one of the most historic and vibrant cities worldwide.
Credits are transferred back to the home institution.
Applications start December 1st.