At the forefront of the Greek academia’s Renaissance effort is “Study in Greece“– SiG – the official project of Greece for the internationalization and the extroversion of the Greek Higher Education Institutes. The project’s portal (https://studyingreece.edu.gr/) hosts and maintains all of the pertinent information related to the Greek academic world. Presenting and promoting the wide variety of English (and other languages)-taught programs offered by the Greek Universities, SiG constitutes the official bridge between the Greek and the international academic community, by facilitating the creation of academic networks as well as by fostering synergies between Greek and foreign university departments in diverse disciplines.
Composed of members of the Greek academic community and using a variety of appropriate in -house developed electronic platforms, Study in Greece aims to fulfill the need for a “one stop point” for the provision of information concerning studies and Higher Education Institutes in Greece, the organization of educational activities, such as Study Abroad Programs, Summer/Winter Schools, workshops, conferences, etc., and the academic networking between Greek and international researchers.
The action works under the auspices of the Greek Ministries of Foreign Affairs (http://www.mfa.gr/), Education and Religious Affairs (http://www.minedu.gov.gr/) and Tourism (http://www.mintour.gr/), which together with the Greek Embassies and Diplomatic Authorities of Greece abroad, host a link to the Study in Greece portal on the homepage of their web sites. SiG is continuously expanding its worldwide network of collaborating Organizations, Universities and Educational and Cultural Organizations, through the signing of Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs).
SiG also aspires to become the point of reference for the Greeks of the diaspora, who want to find useful information about studies and educational activities related to Greece, as for example Heritage Schools, discover the Greek culture, or continue their studies in the homeland of their ancestors.
– Support of the internationalization and extroversion of the Greek Universities, by a wide range of activities, which include participation to international educational fairs, roadshows to international Universities, in order to promote the international study options Greece can provide. Collaboration with Greek and foreign Diplomatic Authorities, Educational Institutes, foundations and other Organizations to enhance the efforts.
– Provision of information on studying and living in Greece. The action places emphasis on the Greek universities’ programs addressed to international students – taught in English or other foreign languages. In addition, SiG is a unique hub of information, covering the Greek academic universe in its entirety, by providing information concerning: scholarships, educational and research activities, short-term programs, educational fairs, international distinctions of Greek academics and scholars, as well as practical information related to: accommodation, insurance, student’s communities, everyday survival, etc.
– Support and facilitation of the networking between the Greek and the international academic community – by organizing and promoting educational activities such as Study Abroad Programs, Summer/Winter Schools, summits, workshops, and conferences in collaboration with Greek Universities and other Educational Organizations, as well as by the set up of a communication framework.
– Promotion of Greek language and civilization – organization and promotion of Cultural Heritage Programs, Summer Schools & Greek language Courses.
– Consultation, by providing practical and technical advice to Higher Education Institutions, researchers and students.
– Development of electronic platforms, to fulfill the “one stop point” concept, like the “Apply To Study in Greece” – @SiG platform to support the online applications of international students, the scholarships information platform (in collaboration with the State Scholarships Foundation – IKY), platforms for accommodation and more.
– Promotion of the activities of the Greek Educational Institutes, such as Winter and Summer Schools, conferences, workshops, etc., as well as the activities of international Universities in terms of Study Abroad Programs in Greece, thus acting as a point of reference for this kind of information.
– Consultation during the planning process of the programs (helping with the itinerary, venues, lodging and transportation solutions, permissions related to museums, archaeological sites, etc.) and make the appropriate arrangements.
– Opportunities for creating contacts with Greek academics and educational organizations – always based on the program design and goals – (invite academics to teach courses, offer masterclasses, workshops, guest lectures, etc.).
– Working with Program Directors and Faculty to evaluate the programs and propose improvements in future cycles.
– Working with stakeholders to develop innovative Program components that will connect the goals and the curricula of the Programs with the modern culture, socio-economic situation, and every-day life in Greece.
– Developing side events that will support the outreach of each Program in the local/Greek community (e.g., every Program should have an open event or offer a workshop to students etc.).
– Designing community service-related activities.
– Adding and promoting the Programs through the SiG and additional portals.
– Providing support services for students such as pre-departure material, arrival meet-and-assist services, obtaining Greek telephone numbers, access to money, assistance to find accommodation, physiologic assistance, nutrition advices, etc.
We thank you for all your assistance!
Nikolaos Alamanos (IT Manager), Stelina Liberopoulou (Website Manager & Art Director), Alexandros Liberopoulos (Application Developer), Evi Kogia (Mobile Developer & Sponsorships and Donations), Aras Hemati (Refugees Content Manager), James Konstantinidis (Digital Media Supervisor), Katerina Vasileiou (Legal Counsel & Social Media Editor), Nikos Kapetanas (Application Developer), Nikos Kokinis (Refugees Content Developer), Persefoni Mitropoulou (Content Producer), Rafaela Chourdaki (Social Media Analyst)