Study in Greece is happy to announce that a fund of 1.287.000,00 € will be provided through the European program “ESPA” for the promotion of Greece as an educational destination and for the support and reinforcement of the extroversion of Greek Universities, institutes and organizations and for the creation of postgraduate programs in foreign languages. This action is about the operation and extension of Study in Greece’s activities.
The general goal is the development of a completed educational portal of information, organization and consulting for educational activities being developed in Greece, an “educational bridge” among Greece and other countries and the capability of providing one-stoppoint services as well.
In particular, the aim of the action is the development and operation of a unified website of the Greek state, which will promote the study opportunities for international students, along with the research and educational activities of Greek universities, as well as all the information that helps in extroversion and their internationalization.
The above objectives, in accordance with the relevant funding, will be achieved through actions, such as:
• Collection, provision and constant updating of information on studies offered by Greek educational institutions in Greece (foreign language undergraduate and postgraduate programs, accommodation, scholarships, etc.),
• Collection, provision and constant updating of information on educational programs offered by educational institutions abroad in Greece (summer schools, travel study programs, research fellowships, internships, semesters abroad, etc.)
• Organization of study abroad programs, summer-winter schools, workshops and other educational activities in Greece, focusing on the multi-level cooperation of Greeks with international educational institutions.
• Networking and continuous interconnection of the academic communities of Greece and abroad.
• Support and promotion, inside and outside Greece, of all educational activities carried out in Greece, by Greek and international educational institutions (interviews, articles, etc.),
• Promoting the action as a point of reference for Greeks abroad and contributing to the organization and promotion of educational activities aimed at preserving and promoting the Greek cultural heritage in Greece and abroad (e.g. heritage schools, schools to celebrate the 200th anniversary from the Greek revolution, etc.).
• Operation of a support service (helpdesk) for students and the provision of mediation services between Greek and international educational institutions.
We would like to thank everyone who believed and supported this endeavor. Special thanks to the Minister Ms. Niki Kerameus, the General Secreatary of Higher Education Mr. Apostolis Dimitropoulos, everyone at the Ministry of Education, Research and Religions Affairs and Harokopio University of Athens.