The School of Science & Technology of the International Hellenic University invites interested parties to apply for the postgraduate programme of studies “MSc in Cybersecurity” for the academic year 2020-2021. The courses of the programme are taught exclusively in English. The academic staff comes from Universities in Greece and abroad.
- The postgraduate studies for this MSc programme lead to the acquisition of a Master’s Degree. The programme curriculum requires the attendance of taught courses for two academic semesters for full-time students and the completion of a Master’s dissertation. The duration of the programme is 14 months. There is also the possibility, upon request, of attending the programme on a part–time basis. In this case, the duration of the MSc will be 26 months. In addition, it is possible to attend the programme combining distance learning with traditional face-to-face teaching.
- The International Hellenic University accepts, after a careful selection process, graduates from Greek universities or equivalent institutions from abroad, as well as from Greek Technological Educational Institutes in related subject areas according to Law 4485/2017 and 4610/2019.
- The “MSc in Cybersecurity” aims to provide education at postgraduate level in the field of cybersecurity as well as focus on technologies and practices needed to detect and prevent threats against information systems on the Internet.
- The selection of postgraduate students will be undertaken in accordance with the provisions of current legislation based on the relevance of the subject of the candidate’s first degree with respect to the subject area of the postgraduate programme, the grades received in first degree qualifications, the grades received on the thesis and undergraduate courses related to the “MSc in Cybersecurity”, the candidate’s certified proficiency in the English language, the candidate’s curriculum vitae and recommendation letters.
5.Interested parties are invited to submit their application by 7 September 2020 or until places are filled, by following instructions at the link https://www.tech.ihu.edu.gr/index.php/en/admissions.html.
Application documentation must include the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the first cycle University degree in Engineering (preferably in Computer Engineering), Science, Technology, Informatics, as well as from Technological Educational Institutes in related subject areas, in Greece or equivalent institutions from abroad (interested parties that expect to complete their first cycle studies in September may submit an application with their academic transcript so far)
- Copy of the transcript of grades
- Certification of English Language proficiency is demonstrated by submitting one of the following titles proving very good level: IELTS (6.5 or above), TOEFL (90 or above), TOEIC (850 or above). In case of absence of these, other certificates are also acceptable which prove, however, excellent knowledge of English, according to those standards designated by the Greek Authority ASEP. Candidates who do not possess the relevant certification may submit an application on the understanding that, in order to be allowed to commence Postgraduate Studies, they must submit such a certificate by 7 September 2020
- Two recommendation letters in signed and sealed envelopes. Alternatively, the referees can send the signed recommendation letters to by their official institutional email address
- Two passport size photographs.