The School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies of the International Hellenic University invites interested parties to apply for the Postgraduate Programme of Studies ” MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law” for the academic year 2020-2021. All courses are taught exclusively in English, whereas the courses in the Postgraduate Programme “MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law” will be conducted through flexible learning methods combining the traditional face-to-face education with distant learning.
The post graduate studies for this MSc programme lead to the acquisition of a Master’s Degree. The duration of the studies depends on the kind of stream being chosen by the students. This stream is determined by the nature of the undertaken dissertation (experimental or non-experimental dissertation). For students who will choose a non-experimental dissertation, the full-time attendance of taught courses for two academic semesters and the preparation of a master’s dissertation for one more semester are required. For those who will choose an experimental research-based dissertation, the programme’s curriculum requires the full-time attendance of taught courses for two academic semesters plus two academic semesters for the preparation of the master’s dissertation. For students who wish to attend the programme on a part-time basis, the programme gives this possibility upon their request. In this case, the duration of the MSc is doubled.
The International Hellenic University accepts, after a careful selection process, graduates from Greek universities or equivalent institutions from abroad and from Technological Educational Institutions in related subject areas according to Law 4485/2017 and 4610/2019, as applicable.
The MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law is designed to provide knowledge and develop skills for those occupied in public or private services dealing with the consultation, management, studies of Biotechnological products and processes and willing to be involved in Bioeconomy. The programme is interdisciplinary and it has primarily a practical purpose. It provides legal and management expertise, directly usable in all groups of scholars, those with legal education, business and economical background and those trained in relevant scientific and technological disciplines. The programme is directed to students and executives who desire to expand their specialization in the relevant fields.
The selection of postgraduate students will be undertaken in accordance with the provisions of current legislation based on the relevance of the subject of the candidate’s first degree with the subject area of the postgraduate programme, the grades received in first degree qualifications, the grades received on the thesis and undergraduate courses related to the MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law, the candidate’s certified proficiency in the English language, the candidate’s curriculum vitae and recommendation letters.
All parties are invited to submit their application by November 1st, 2020 or until places are filled, by following instructions at the link http://www.ihu.edu.gr/index.php/admissions.html.
Application documentation must include the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the first cycle degree
- Copy of the transcript of grades
- of English Language proficiency is demonstrated by submitting one of the following titles proving very good level: IELTS (6.5 or above), TOEFL (90 or above), TOEIC (850 or above). In case of absence of these, other certificates are also acceptable which prove, however, excellent knowledge of English, according to those standards designated by the Greek Authority ASEP. Candidates who do not possess the relevant certification may submit an application on the understanding that, in order to be allowed to commence Postgraduate Studies, they must submit such a certificate by November 1st, 2020
- Two recommendation letters that testify the candidate’s suitability for the Programme in signed and sealed envelopes. Alternatively, the referees can send the signed recommendation letters to by their official institutional email address
- Two passport size photographs
Further information is available from the Secretariat and the Programme Managers of the School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies of the International Hellenic University (tel. 2310 807529/526, email: ).