The School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics of the University Center of Interna- tional Programmes of Studies of the International Hellenic University invites interested parties to apply for the Postgraduate Programme of Studies “MA in Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean Studies” for the academic year 2020-2021. All courses are taught exclusively in English. The aca- demics teaching on the programme come from universities both abroad and in Greece.
The postgraduate studies for this MA programme lead to the acquisition of a Master’s Degree. The programme’s curriculum requires the attendance of taught courses for two academic semes- ters and the submission of a master’s dissertation. The duration of the full-time study programme in order to obtain the MA degree is three academic semesters. For students who so wish, there is also the possibility, upon request, of attending the programme on a part–time basis. In this case, the duration of the MA will be doubled.
MA in Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean Studies of the International Hellenic University accepts, after a careful selection process, graduates of History, Archaeology, Social Sciences, Hu- manities, Political Sciences, Geography, International Relations, Theology, journalism, Balkan, Mediterranean or Oriental Studies and other related subject areas, from Greek universities or equivalent institutions from abroad and from Technological Educational Institutions of related subject areas according to Law 4485/2017 and 4610/2019, as applicable.
The MA in Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean Studies is designed to provide a postgraduate (Master’s) level education in archaeology,history,contemporarypolitics,internationalrelations,and culture in general of the people and countries of the Black Sea and the Eastern Mediterranean areas.
Τhe selection of postgraduate students will be undertaken in accordance with the provisions of current legislation based on the relevance of the subject of the candidate’s first degree with the subject area of the postgraduate programme, the grades received in first degree qualifications, the grades received on the thesis and undergraduate courses related to the MA, the candidate’s certified proficiency in the English language, the candidate’s curriculum vitae and recommenda- tion letters.
Interested parties are invited to submit their application by October 12th 2020 or until places are filled, by following instructions at the link http://www.ihu.edu.gr/index.php/admissions.html.
Application documentation must include the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the first cycle degree
- Copy of the transcript of grades
- Certification of English Language proficiency is demonstrated by submitting one of the following titles proving very good level: IELTS (6.5 or above), TOEFL (90 or above), TOEIC (850 or above). In case of absence of these, other certificates are also acceptable which prove, however, excellent knowledge of English, according to those standards designated by the Greek Authority ASEP. Candidates who do not possess the relevant certification may submit an application on the understanding that, in order to be allowed to commence Postgraduate Studies, they must submit such a certificate by October 12th ,2020
- Two recommendation letters that testify the candidate’s suitability for the Programme in signed and sealed envelopes. Alternatively, the referees can send the signed recommen- dation letters to by their official institutional email address
- Two passport size photographs
Further information is available from the Secretariat and the Programme Managers of the School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies of the International Hellenic University (tel. +30 2310– 807 529/526 email: ).