The airport is accessible via Metro Line 3 “Aghia Marina – Athens International Airport”.
The ticket costs 10.00 Euros and it is valid for one trip to or from the airport and you can go directly to the city center, like Suntagma Square, Monastiraki, etc.
Athens International Airport is connected via the Suburban Rail with:
- Athens Central Railway Station (Larissis Station)
- Port of Pireaus
- and Kiato
Further information regarding timetables, and prices can be found in the official page of suburban railway.
There are several bus lines to and from the airport. All buses depart from the designated area on the inner curbside of the arrivals level of the Main Terminal Building right outside the Exit (doors 4-5).
- X95 Syntagma Square- Airport Express has its departure point at the center of Athens (Syntagma Square across the park from the Grande Bretagne) and via Vas. Sofias Avenue, Mesogion Avenue and Attiki Odos terminates at the airport.
- X96 Pireaus- Airport Express starts from the Northwest Corner of Pireaus main harbor and goes past Karaiskaki Square and via Posidonos Avenue, Varis-Varkizas, and Varis-Koropiou Roads terminates at the airport.
- X93 connects the Airport (door 5) with the bus terminals at Kiffissou and Lliosson streets.
- X97 goes to the Dafni Metro Station and connects with Line 2 of the metro.
For Express Lines the ticket costs 5.00 Euros and is good for one trip to or from the airport. You can buy tickets from the driver or at the bus stations ticket offices, outside the bus terminal.
Official Website: www.oasa.gr
More information regarding transportation to and from the Athens International Airport can be found at the official site (http://www.aia.gr/traveler/), at the access and transportation section.