The Department of Chemical Engineering of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki announces for the academic year 2021-2022 the enrollment of 20 students to the Graduate Study Programme “Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering”.
The programme is geared towards educating and training highly qualified engineers competent for being employed by any national or international institution. It also enhances research as well as transformation of re- search results into socially useful products in strategic domains for the country such as medical health, food in- dustry, energy and environmental engineering.
There are two specializations in this programme:
- Chemicaland Biomolecular Engineering in Health and Food
- Chemicaland Biomolecular Engineering in Energy and Environment
To be awarded an MSc in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering of the Department of Chemical Engineering of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in the first semester the students must successfully complete three (3) compulsory courses, one (1) elective course and compulsory seminars, in the second semester four (4) elective courses and compulsory seminars and a Graduate Diploma Thesis during the third semester of study. To obtain the MSc, it is required to collect 90 ECTS, 30 per semester.
To meet the entry requirements the students must hold a Degree in relevant discipline issued either by a Greek University or by a Greek Technological Educational Institute (ATEI). Graduates with an equivalent degree issued by an internationally recognized university can also apply.
The tuition fees are € 1500 for EU citizens and € 3000 for non-EU citizens. The tuition fees must be paid simulta- neously with registration and they are non-refundable.
Students that are interested in the programme must apply to the MSc secretariat of the Department of Chemical Engineering by submitting (email to: ) the following supporting documents from 17 May 2021 to 15 July 2021:
- Certified copies of degree certificate
- Transcript of Records (ToR)
- Confirmation of equivalence from the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (Hellenic NARIC) or application for recognition to Hellenic NARIC for international students*
- Professional Qualifications documents (if any)
- Certificate of English language fluency (at least level B2)
- Letters of recommendation (at least two)
- Curriculum vitae
- Photocopy of identity card or passport
- Application form (available at the website of the programme http://gradschool.cheng.auth.gr/en)
* See http://www.doatap.gr/en/
The first selection of the applicants will be made on July and the selected applicants will be called for an interview in the first week of September. Following that, the final selection of the students will be performed.
Courses begin in the 1st week of October. For those students who need, preparatory courses in Mathematics will be offered beginning in the middle of September.