The Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece is actively engaging in the Worldwide Week at Harvard (5–9 October 2020) and its centerpiece, the unique and unprecedented 24 Hours of Harvard event (7–8 October 2020), with 4 special events!
On the occasion of organizing these events, we have the pleasure to collaborate with a number of different global offices, area centers, and departments of the University, such as:
- the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies
- the Committee on Degrees in Social Studies
- the Tunisia Office of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Brazil Office
- the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute New Delhi Office
- and our twin Center for Hellenic Studies in the USA
Each of the CHS Greece events is unique in terms of structure, topic, media, participants, and prospective attendees, but they all aim to highlight the interdisciplinary profile of the Center and the value of collaboration between the University’s global offices in connecting Harvard to the world and keeping the world connected to Harvard!
- Citizenship in the 21st century: Insights across time and space. October 7, 2020, 6–7pm Greece time / 11am–12pm EDT. Watch it online at the 24 hours of Harvard Vimeo.
- Channels of Expression in Times of Change: Music and dance across continents. October 7, 2020, 8–9pm Greece time / 1pm–2pm EDT. Watch it online at the 24 hours of Harvard Vimeo.
- # After Lockdown: Very short stories about enduring a global pandemic.
The entire Worldwide Week will be delivered virtually for fall 2020, allowing audiences to join in from all over the world and affording attendees even greater opportunities for participation.
Persons with disabilities who wish to request accommodations or who have questions about access, please contact in advance of the sessions. Please note that we will make every effort to secure services, but that services are subject to availability.